Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Past, Present, and Future

So, we all have a past, present and future. Should we judge someone on their past alone? No, absolutely NOT!! UNLESS, they have not changed from that past. I have done some things in my past that I would not want ANYONE to judge me on. I think all of us have a right to escape our past, as long as it is your PAST, and not still in your present!! If you have done questionable things while you were young and dumb, then you find your way, and repent, and ask forgiveness, then you are forgiven. Forget it!! Let it go!! But if you, for 20 years, do the same thing, and then associate yourself with questionable people, you should still be judged on what you are currently doing, and have done. I do think that everyone should be given a second chance, and wipe their slate clean.





So, when you look at people do you judge them on what you hear, or what they do? I would like to be judged on what I am doing right now. I am now a Mom, a wife, and above all a Christian. I want to be judged on those things, not what I did when I was in my early 20's. And you know who gives me that chance? Jesus!!! I can never thank Him enough!! I can know that my past does not make a difference. I have been saved, and I will be forgiven each time I ask. And I try not to do those things again that is what repentance is. NOT doing the things in our past that harm us and others. NOT associating with the people that might lead us down the wrong path. I would not hang out with people that do things that I do not believe in. I would not hang out with people that were liars, thieves, and adulterers. And I will try my hardest to teach my children to find the right people in their lives.



I just want to say that I think that I have found the greatest friends and people in my life now, and want to thank them for being there, and being the wonderful friends that they are. Stay safe and blessed!!

1 comment:

FHL said...

This reminded me of the sermon from last week! I'm so thankful that our pasts have been thrown in the 30 gallon bin and hauled off to siberia through asking forgiveness! God is so good!